Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Prayers for Boston

Yesterday an awful thing happened in the city I now call home. I could sit here stewing in anger, sadness and fear. Instead, I choose to see the good that came out of yesterdays events.

Spectators rushed into the smoke and debris to do anything and everything they could to help perfect strangers. Hospitals were flooded with blood donors. Off duty police, fire and medical personnel went into to work to lend their colleagues a hand.  Folks with apartments at or near the finish line took displaced runners into their homes and provided them with food, shelter and comfort. These everyday heroes show us that compassion is alive and well and are a reminder that God is with us even in our darkest hour. I choose to think about them rather than whoever is responsible for this horrific tragedy.

Boston is very quiet today. The normal hustle and bustle outside of my office window is absent.  I woke up to emails letting me know that the New England Aquarium and Museum of Science will be closed  for at least part of during this busy school vacation week. Boston is in mourning and rightly so. But we will bounce back.

In the meantime, please pray for the people of Boston



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Plate?