Friday, June 7, 2013

What's For Dinner - June 8th - 14th

Last night I cleaned out my freezer. It contained many "mystery" items as well as stuff from Trader Joes that was so old I'm not even sure TJs carries those products anymore. I was holding on to them because I hate to throw away food, but I decided that they were adding to both physical and mental clutter as far as the freezer is concerned and are probably so past their prime that they wouldn't taste good anyway.
What I found was some perfectly good meals and meal starters that I forgot we had which have helped me with this weeks meal planning, not to mention greatly reduced what I needed to buy from the grocery this morning.
Here's the line-up:
Saturday - Nigella Lawson's Mini Meatloaves. I found a ziploc full of them during the freezer clean out. The Scotsman made them about a month ago and I had fogotten that we froze half of them. These are delicious, super easy to make and kid friendly. Give them a try!
Sunday - The Scotsman is making some sort of middle eastern inspired turkey burger. I think he got the recipe from Gwyneth Paltrows book. I don't know much about it except that it involves Tahini and will be served in whole wheat pita bread rather than buns as he asked me to pick up those two things at the grocery. If it's good, I'll post the recipe next week.
Tuesday - Salmon (found some in the freezer). Try this easy recipe my mom has been making for years - place salmon in a baking dish. Fill the dish with white wine until the wine comes half way up the salmon. Sprinkle with fresh or dry dill (and if you have neither, don't sweat it, just cook as is). Cook for 15 mins or until fish flakes easily.
Wednesday - End of Year Picnic at Ben's preschool. Pizza and salad will be provided.
Thursday - Pasta. With sauce from a jar. Thursdays are tough for us because Jake and The Scotsman get home late from soccer practice.
Friday - Taco night! Jake and Ben will only touch avocados and raw tomatoes when they are in the form of guacamole and salsa, so I try to work in taco night once a week. For some reason, burrioto night does not fly with them.
What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Plate?