Friday, May 31, 2013

What's For Dinner

Tomorrow starts a new month. So I’m recommitting myself to meal planning which fell very much by the wayside in May. This is what we’re eating for the next week. It’s meant to be hot, hot, hot here in the New England so I’m taking advantage of the grill. What are you eating this week?

Saturday – Steak, potatoes and corn on the cob on the grill. I may decided to marinate the steak in 1 cup creamy Italian dressing, 1 cup “regular” Italian dressing and 1 cup BBQ Sauce. It’s the “secret” recipe from a local restaurant that makes the best steak tips.

Sunday – Grilled Tandoori Chicken (recipe below – from my friend Kelly who served it to us at her house last week. Delicious!) grilled veggies, Naan bread. I may get adventurous and heat the Naan on the grill.

Monday – Taco Night!

Tuesday – Penne a la Vodka with prepared sauce and salad.

Wednesday –  Homemade Turkey Burgers (1 lb ground turkey, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, ½ cup shredded zucchini, 1 egg. Form in to patties and grill), Maple Baked Beans (recipe in previous post), more grilled veggies.

Thursday – Grilled veggie frittata (I don’t really have a recipe – I’m going to wing it.)

Friday – Grilled Shrimp, couscous, watermelon

Grilled Tandoori Chicken

1 lb chicken (I use random pieces from my meat CSA. Most are bone-in. Boneless breasts or thighs would be fine, too)
2 TBS plain yogurt
1 TBS lemon juice
1 Tbs tomato paste
2 TBS Tandoori spice mix (I purchased mine at Whole Foods, but you can get it almost anywhere)

Mix the ingredients together and marinate the chicken for 2-3 hours. Grill and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Plate?